Spain: Travel Guide

granada beach

Did you know?

  • In 2013 Spain or ‘The Kingdom of Spain’ was the 3rd most visited country in the world
  • Spanish or Castellano is spoken only around 70% of Spain, the other 30% is Catalan, Galician, Basque and many more
  • This is the nation that hosts the biggest food fight festival in the world (La Tomatina)
  • The Eiffel Tower in Paris was originally proposed to be constructed in Barcelona

Location

[showmap address=”Spain” marker=”1″ map=”ROADMAP” zoom=”12″ scroll=”1″ street=”1″ zoomcontrol=”1″ pan=”1″ mapcontrol=”1″ overview=”1″]

Regions

Regions in Spain

Regions in Spain

Major Cities

Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Alicante, Malaga, Vigo, Sevilla, Granada, Palma

Culture / Customes

Doing business in Spain takes time and can only be successful with mutual trust.

Its main source of income (worth more than 40 billion euros) is from the tourist industry with an average of 58 million visitors per year.

Spanish is a language that can be heard all over the world, including Central and South America.

During Business meetings it is important to watch out for non-verbal communication as it is a custom that Spaniards would never share their own opinion.

Visa for a short term stay

The Schengen visa is required for Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland that will allow the holder of one to travel flexible through these countries.

Special attributes / Uniqueness

Just like the UK, Sweden and Denemark, Spain’s government is run by a constitutional monarchy.

Madrid’s Puerta del Sol is known to be the country’s physical centre.

Former names were: Iberia (land of rivers), Hesperia (land of the setting sun), Ispania and Hispania (both meaning land of rabbits).

People often think olive oil is an italian product… however Spain produces up to 45% of the world’s supplies every year.

National Festivals

  • Three Kings Day
  • La Tomatina
  • San Andreas Festival
  • Las Fallas Festival
  • Fiesta de San Isidro

Current weather

[awesome-weather location=”Madrid,ES” units=”C” override_title=”Madrid, Spain” forecast_days=”5″ background_by_weather=”1″]

British Embassy: (addresses in major cities)

Plaza_de_Castilla

Plaza_de_Castilla

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *